Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Starbucks Freebie


Yesterday I got lucky again and got myself another free drink from Starbucks.

As I was paying for my order (a tall hot latte and a waffle), the cashier pulled out this extra long receipt and wrote something on it before giving it to me with a smile.


It took me a while to figure out what she was saying, but the gist was that I've just earned myself a free drink (of my choice) on my next visit to any Starbucks store -- that is, after completing several steps, the first of which is the log on to their customer survey page (MyStarbucksVisit) using the 16-digit code found on the receipt.



The survey questions weren't all that difficult to accomplish because all you really need to do is to choose among the list of answers provided on each page. Completing one question will lead you to the next, and so on. At the end of this short survey, you will be given a 5-digit customer ID, which you will need to write down on the receipt. If you're ready to claim your free drink, you just have to present this receipt to the cashier on your next visit.

Personally, it was a breeze for me because I've been through this 4 or 5 times before.

This has happened to me in different Starbucks branches so I can't just chalk it up to being a loyal customer to a certain branch (as a friend had suggested). At any rate, a freebie is a freebie, and for a coffeehouse rat like me, it was certainly welcome.

On a related note, I have yet to see a Starbucks Trenta drink being served here in Manila. According to its FB page, it looks like Starbucks has no current plans to offer this option in its local branches. Oh well. I doubt if I had the stomach for it anyway (heck, I can even barely finish a tall drink). :)



1 comment:

  1. It's good though too sweet for me lolz. But I love mystarbucks oreo cheesecake ^_^

    ReplyDelete